Thursday, May 7, 2009

NOTICE: Sorry for not posting this Sunday

My dear students, friends and colleagues,

"Due to circumstances beyond my control, I could not post the second part of memoirs about my mother. I regret the inconvenience caused to my readers."

This is the standard excuse one usually gives, when one misses a column. But such an opening paragraph is a cliche and, hence, would be opaque and dishonest. So listen to what happened.

I am involved with a teacher training program, which started on 1 May and ends on 23 May. By 3 pm on Sunday, I had written only 238 words, so I could not post an incomplete piece. I was thinking of writing a notice, letting you know that my column would not appear this Sunday, but I kept putting it off. Today is Thursday and I can see no hope of completing my column. Since this week is nearly through, I have decided to post both the second and third parts on Sunday, 10 May.

Those of you who follow my blog faithfully and regularly must be disappointed; I apologise to them.

Your support is my strength,
- Joe.

Pune, Thursday, 7th May 2009.